« Home | through your eyes » | "i was watching BET one night, and they were inter... » | i love this book » | new things » | listening to the daylight » | today was great » 

Friday, May 26, 2006 

lack of schooling

so i've recieved many mixed responses when people learn that i'm no longer in school.
the most extreme one way occured on mother's day. the other extreme was today.

extreme 1:
was at my parent's church for mother's day. i don't like it there, and they know this, so they only ask me to go for special occasions, and i'm a good son, so i do.
so i was talking to this guy that i kinda know. well, i know his name and we've played discgolf once or twice. whatever. he asked how the semester was going, and i said that i had resigned from UL. his reaction was "oohhh... Hey guys, how are you folks doing today?" shifting attention to some people who had just walked up. now, he was the person greeting people to the church, so this is kind of misleading, but that's exactly how it looked to me.

extreme 2:
this guy that used to work at pack and paddle came in the store today. he's been in enough times for me to know him and vice versa. so we were talking about stuff. he teaches spanish at an elementary school. anyway, he asked how school was going or whatever. and i said "well, it's not right now..." he didn't even wait for me to finish my sentance. he just put his hand up (in the high-5 pose) and said "that's right! live your life!"

i mean, that's probably the most encouraging thing anyone has ever said to me. that i can remember at least.

I think it's far more important in our life to find something we truly love than to just be going through the motions. A degree does not determine how educated you are. There were plenty of people before college was the way to go, that I think are educated. People who have made a great impact on this country. So don't feel badly about your choice. Hold your head high and know this is the best thing for you.
Stephanie

Post a Comment
choopy

About me

  • I'm choopy
  • From Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
My profile

Links